Monday, July 23, 2012

Brain Farts

I swear I'm having brain farts which, it may surprise you, is a medical term.  Well, it comes from a medical term.

Wikipedia defines a brain fart as: slang for a kind of abnormal brain activity which results in human error while performing a repetitive task or more generally denoting a degree of mental laxity or any task-related forgetfulness, such as forgetting how to hold a fork.

The term itself may be derived from "brain infarction," a medical term describing some form of stroke.

Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I have it.

For example, twice this past weekend I had great ideas for blog topics.  You won't see them here.  I cannot, for the life of me, recall either of them.  I think one had something to do with my hair, or lack of it.

I don't know... I had a brain fart.

If our brains were really like computers, we could say the memory was full and the data was lost due to a lack of storage space.  But since humans only use about 10-percent of their brain capacity, I won't use that excuse.

According to Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Denis Gauthier a brain fart occurs when one "momentarily loses his sense of logic…and does something 'dumb'."

Sometimes brain farts occur when your brilliant thought is momentarily interrupted and it becomes lost forever.

Much like the brilliant ending I had for this blog before my phone rang.

Brain Farts!  Ending gone.

Check out the 13 most common brain farts: HERE.

Much more silliness at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment