Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Recipe Conundrum

If you're like me, you have have some favorite recipes that have been passed down from one generation to another.  I have several that use measurement like "1 can of this" or "two bags of that."

There are no measurements, but containers that used to be standard in size.

Last week I made a salad that called for a quart of Miracle Whip, but the container is now 28 ounces.  A one-pound bag of peas, is 14 ounces.

Less content in a near-standard sized container is a marketing ploy to make you feel like you're not paying more for the product.

My salad recipe seemed to turn out, even with the mismatched measurements.  I just wonder what will happen in a few years as the measurements keep decreasing.

More blogstuff at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment