Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jet Skiing

Living just a short seven miles from Saginaw Bay, which is part of Lake Huron, you would think that I love the water. The truth is, I have a great "respect" (read: fear) of the water.
I'm not a great swimmer and I tend to panic when I get water in my face.  I don't even like water running down by face during a morning shower.

So how in the heck did I end up riding - nay - driving a jet ski on the open waters yesterday?

This tale starts a couple of years ago when my friend James invited me to join him on the lake.  He has a pair of jet skis and I could take one myself.  It just never seemed to work out.  The timing was always wrong.

James loves sharing the fun on the lake with friends (and I'd guess total strangers if the circumstances were right).  In fact, a few weeks ago he was at a luncheon and mention how nice the water would be later that afternoon. One of the woman there picked up on the conversation and asked what they were discussing.

"Jet Skiing," was the reply, "would you like to join me?"

And James had someone to take a spin on the lake with him.

So what does that have to do with me getting on a jet ski? The woman who accompanied James was 91-years-old.

Check in tomorrow and I'll share my adventure on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment