Thursday, July 12, 2012

Floundering in a Quagmire

Floundering present participle of floun•der (Verb)
  1. Struggle or stagger helplessly or clumsily in water or mud: "he was floundering about in the shallow offshore waters".
  2. Struggle mentally; show or feel great confusion: "she floundered, not knowing quite what to say."

Have you ever just felt like you’re treading water and you’re not sure how much longer you can stay afloat?

I’ve been dealing with that overwhelming feeling for several weeks now.  There’s so much going on in so many areas of my life – my jobs (plural), volunteer work, social relationship – I feel pulled in too many directions all at once.

Here it is the twelfth of July. What happened to the first six months of the year?

While this quagmire-like feeling has, at times, consumed my life, I have found a way to deal with it… Give it to God.

When I get tired of carrying the load I just say, “Lord, it’s all yours,” and I can physically feel the weight being lifted.

I once read that 90% of the things we worry about never happen and we can’t control the other 10%.  Just let it go.

Yesterday some prayers were answered.

Thank you Lord.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment