Sunday, July 22, 2012

More Bible Than Expected

A few months ago I mentioned that I was looking for a digital edition of the Bible.  I prefer the New International or Standard English Version since my mind gets caught up in the mental calisthenics of understanding a King James translation.

I looked at various options for my Kindle Fire, carefully reading reviews written by those people who had already downloaded a copy.  One of the major "red flags" in many of the views was a lack of ease in navigation.

Yeah, you can't just flip the pages.

But none the less, finally have found what I believe is the (nearly) perfect digial Bible App from You Version.  Don't ask me the difference between an ebook and an app because I don't have the foggiest idea.

Two great features are the multiple English versions -- 29 in all.  I haven't checked them all out, but I'm sure many are similar.  I mean, how much difference could there be between the Common English and Contemporary English Version?

I tend to stick with the NIV or SEV I mentioned earlier.

The other great feature is that the app is free, which allowed me to download it for review in case I didn't like it.

So on this Sunday morning, I have 29 versions of my B-I-B-L-E. I'd better get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment